use as a stain in routine histology or a counterstain in IHC procedures using
DAB. Works particularly well with beta catenin stained sections. Enabling the
viewer to easily discriminate between epithelial and stromal components.
Results: Collagen - blue
5% Phosphotungtic Acid in DI water
Aniline Blue Solution
2.5 g Aniline blue
100 ml DI water
2 ml Glacial Acetic Acid
1% Glacial Acetic Acid in DI water
- Cut paraffin sections at 3µm. and heat immobilze in the 80°C oven
for 30 min.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate sections to DI water.
- Mordant in preheated Bouin's solution for 1 hr. at 56 C.
- Place sections in 5% Phosphotungtic Acid for 15 min. (discard sol'n)
- Place slides directly into Aniline Blue solution for 6 min. (save
- Rinse until clear in DI.
- Place in 1% Glacial Acetic acid for 4 min.
- Dehydrate quickly through 2 X 95% alcohol, 2 X of abs. alcohol, 6-8 dips each. Clear 3 X
xylene and Mount.